Tutorial: how to make a study schedule.
- Make a reference sheet with separate lists for each subject. This reference sheet is used to orient your daily studying.
- List the material you need to study for each subject. Be more specific than you would be on a study schedule and make sure you put down everything you need to go over.
- On your schedule, highlight the exam dates and deadlines and put down any relevant information.
- Using your reference sheet, assign certain material to go through each day.
- If you haven’t been working on study material throughout the semester; schedule days before your study leave to work on study sheets for revision, flash cards, summaries, whatever you use to study.
- Take a day to gather your study material before your study leave begins. Like the weekend classes end or so. This will save you a lot of time when you sit down to study every day.
- Schedule your studying so that you start studying for the last final first, and the first final last. Make sure you start this early enough to give yourself time to revise for the subjects you need to.
- If you have a day between each of your finals, take the night of the final off and revise for the next exam the day after. If not, take the couple of hours after your exam off then revise for the next one.
- Schedule the harder/heavier material in a subject first, so that you work on that material when you have more energy.
- If you’re taking subjects that you have difficulty with, or subjects with a heavy workload; schedule catch up days. However, don’t let that encourage you to slack off. Try to stick to your schedule and only rely on the catch up days if you really need to, and if you don’t; then it’s a day off!
- Also, schedule days off… a day or if you can’t afford it, half a day. I can’t stress how important it is to take time for yourself, it’ll help you avoid burnout.
Disclaimer: this is the way I’ve been making study schedules since I started college. By no means am I claiming it’s perfect or that everybody should follow it.
I’m sorry I’m posting this by the end of the year when a lot of people are already done with exams, but perhaps it’ll be helpful for people taking summer courses now? And also for next year :)
Left ear: female — right ear: male
Female version sung by Idina Menzel. Male version sung by Caleb Hyles.
Art by palitapare.
hi so i’ve been compiling resources since high school and i kinda wanted to share them if that’s cool ??? i think it’s cool alright so i went through said resources and picked out the really important ones and the ones i found to be the most helpful
this is directed towards college students like me aw but i mean if you’re younger or maybe if you aren’t even going to school but you feel like it’s helpful then by all means let me help you let’s be friends
- don’t have microsoft word? this is like a knockoff but it works gr8
- diy planner
- diy embroidered notebooks
- diy notebooks and pencil case
- diy washi tape pencils
- diy felt book covers
- super cute diy alternative to a pencil case
- another super cute diy pencil case
- diy laptop stand!
- !!! free online graphing and scientific calculator !!!
- 150 organization projects using things you can find at the dollar store
- flat world knowledge
- gatech math textbooks
- library pirate
- open culture
- project gutenberg
- 100 legal websites to download books for leisure reading
- help reading difficult material
- reading skills
- active reading strategies
- benefits of reading something you enjoy everyday
- cheap, used books with free shipping
- even more cheap books with free shipping
- download free kindle books
- download free audio books
- !!! what is that word you are thinking of !!!
- how to write an essay by wittacism (it’s funny but also v helpful)
- top 10 mistakes students make in an essay
- avoid the word ‘very’, avoid the word ‘said’ and avoid the word ‘looks’
- describe food, someone’s facial expression, a voice, and a scent
- tips for proofreading
- use google scholar to generate a citation
- use google scholar if you need a “scholarly source” for an essay
- prezi powerpoints always come out really cool
- another cool website like prezi
- animated video presentations
- effectively presenting in class
- creating an effective powerpoint
- wikihow class presentation help
- v helpful dos and donts of presenting a powerpoint
- 12 common presentation mistakes
miscellaneous subject help
- !!! crash course in dozens of subjects with john and hank green !!!
- super helpful language learning website/app
- wolfram if you’re struggling with literally any math problem
- balace chemical equations
- minute physics
- art history
- public speaking
- psychology (lectures from a professor at yale)
- music theory
- microecon and macroecon
- block distracting websites but still use the rest of the internet
- finals survival guide by bootify
- listen to a coffee shop/campfire/waves/etc & you can even layer them!
- tons of studying playlists
- music box versions of tons of songs (useful if lyrics distract you)
- keep your energy up without caffeine
- learning and studying techniques
- lots of test prep resources
- make virtual flashcards and save the forests
- multiple choice test strategies
- what do you need to get on the final to get a certain grade?
- the collegiate vegan
- literally thousands of recipes by other students
- even more thousands of recipes made for students
- 200 healthy dorm recipes by undressedskeleton
- over 100 breakfast recipes (pls don’t skip breakfast it’s v important)
- 17 inexpensive, super easy, and on-the-go snacks
- 20 of the most essential recipes that you really should learn to cook
- lots of homemade hummus recipes
- "microwave in a mug" recipes
- coffee recipes
- hot chocolate recipes
- broke college kid recipes masterpost
if you ever feel stressed
- calming music
- cute videos
- the quiet place
- for when you have no one to talk to (also my askbox is always open)
- masterpost of things to make you feel better
- alternatives to self harm (useful for just blowing off steam too)
- very cute and relaxing games with soft/pleasant background music
- relaxing bath recipes
- yoga for stress
it’s okay to take a break every once in a while
- workout videos masterpost
- disney and pixar movies
- foreign films
- if you’ve never seen ahs, i highly recommend it
- one of the best movie masterposts
- even crazier movie masterpost
- make super rad symmetrical designs
- play with sand
- an interactive scale model of the galaxy
- how to moonwalk
- make a fake tweet
- blanket fort!
- super mario!
look cute in class and make boys cry (ft. pretty good deals bc we’re poor)
- (homemade) (face) (masks) (and) (scrubs)
- super quick hairstyles and lots of really great hair tutorials
- giant compilation of eyeliner pictorials and reference pictures
- inexpensive drugstore product recommendations
- !!! cheap band/tv show/logo merch !!!
- cute and inexpensive jewelry/clothes/school supplies/etc
because college is expensive
- k so i downloaded this app called featurepoints a couple weeks ago and i’ve already made a little over $50 from it. basically the app will tell you to download other apps and you’ll have to generally keep them open for about a minute. once you do, you’ll earn points that can be redeemed for free apps, giftcards to places like amazon or starbucks, or money put into your paypal account! i swear it’s not a scam. it’s honestly such an awesome way to kill time and you actually get money out of it. if ya wanna just try it, download it and enter the referral code KCHF98 and you can start off with 50 points! it’s radical, i promise
- sign up for preview free movies! i don’t know what areas they do them in but they happen all the time in southern california. what you get is invitations to see movies before they’re in theaters or sometimes even before they’re announced! if you rsvp and get in to the screening, you get to see the movie for free and all you have to do is a sort of review when it’s over. they ask what your favorite and least favorite part was and such. sometimes, if you’re lucky, there will be rewards for going like free tickets, and anywhere between $10 and $25 cash. i’ve actually made a lot of money through it!
- shopkick is also a really cool app i use that gives you giftcards for visiting certain stores and sometimes scanning certain products with your phone’s camera!
- get amazon prime free for six months with a college email
- !!! financial aid deadlines !!!
- get the most out of college financial aid
- discounts with a student id
- try and get the lowest prices at target
- free pad/tampon samples and coupons from kotex
- learn how to coupon
important regardless of school
- contraceptives masterpost
- helping someone who feels suicidal
- giant list of hotlines and crisis center phone numbers
- what to do if you think you may have been drugged
- how to avoid a hangover
- self defense with a key
- how to answer the top 35 job interview questions
- managing anxiety
- how to do your own taxes
- 10 steps to a better resume
- keep your laptop in a+ condition
- clean your carpet stains
final tips from me because we’re all friends here
- !!! do not pay for your textbooks if you don’t have to !!! even if you aren’t down with illegally downloading your books, you can waste hundreds of dollars on textbooks you will never open. wait until your professor says that you’ll need it or if material from the book will be on an exam just wait it’s what harry styles would do probably
- everyone says this but /please/ do extra credit if you can! it could mean the difference between a b+ and an a and that hurts more than the 1542th time you hear someone singing “let it go” in public
- if you’re like me and you find it completely impossible to make friends in college, at least try and have one homie in each class so if you miss a class, you have someone to tell you what you missed and let you copy notes. having this homie is also beneficial for group work bc homies help homies always (important life lessons from adventure time)
- if you’re in a productive mood, take advantage of it. i was feeling v scholarly one day and ended up finishing all my assignments until the end of the quarter almost a month early beyonce would be proud
- seriously just use google scholar instead of google if you’re doing something for a grade don’t be that loser who gets a bad grade over your sources
- keep a journal it is v helpful bc even if you don’t write, you can fill it with art stuff and just kind of let your feelings out and be creative about it /or/ if you don’t feel artistic, you can write! whether it’s creative writing or just talking about your day, it’s gr8
- if there is anything that you know will always improve your mood or make you feel better, take advantage of it. for me, this stand up is called weirdo and it’s by one of my favorite people in the world and almost three years after the release and dozens of viewings later, i still think it’s the funniest thing i have ever seen
- you are more important than anything in the world pls don’t ever put yourself in a bad situation for any reason ever, even if that means taking a day off for yourself
- if there is anyone in your life who doesn’t think of you as highly as kayne thinks of himself then that person doesn’t deserve to be in your life you don’t need them
This is a summary of college only using two pictures; expensive as hell.
That’s my Sociology “book”. In fact what it is is a piece of paper with codes written on it to allow me to access an electronic version of a book. I was told by my professor that I could not buy any other paperback version, or use another code, so I was left with no option other than buying a piece of paper for over $200. Best part about all this is my professor wrote the books; there’s something hilariously sadistic about that. So I pretty much doled out $200 for a current edition of an online textbook that is no different than an older, paperback edition of the same book for $5; yeah, I checked. My mistake for listening to my professor.
This is why we download.
Spreading this shit like nutella because goddamn textbooks are so expensive.
not necessarily art related but as someone who couldn’t afford their textbooks this semester this is a godsend
REBLOGGING because after a little digging, I found my $200 textbook for free in PDF form.
friendly reminder that this exists since I know we’re all going back to college soon
Will reblog every time I see it.
I don’t know about you guys but I am psyched to get an education, woo. This year is a hella important year for me because if I don’t finish this school year with five As then I am a dead man walking, you get me? So this started off as a collection to help me get those fabulous As but I thought, what the hell? I’ll share this perfection with everyone else because sharing is caring. Anyways, down to the nitty gritty
001. CALEDONIA’S DECLASSIFIED SCHOOL SURVIVAL GUIDE
- advice for college
- how to survive in college
- how to survive freshmen year of high school
- college packing list
- alternative to buying expensive textbooks
- dorm room survival
- free online college courses
002. WRITE LIKE A FUCKING ANGEL
- the ultimate guide to writing
- how to write good
- how to write an essay
- how to write a good essay
- the five paragraph essay
- deadly sins checklist
- formatting your paper
- tips on getting started
- seven tips to become a better writer (stephen king)
- four ways to have confidence in your writing
- seven ways to speed up your writing
- five ways to add sparkle to your writing
- how to finish what you started: a five step plan for writers
- thirty-one ways to find inspiration for your writing
- tips for dealing with writer’s block
003. READING ISN’T ONLY FOR NERDS AND FANGIRLS
- how to take care of your books
- how to read shakespeare
- no fear shakespeare (i found this incredibly useful when studying macbeth!)
- one hundred most read books
- how to read difficult books
- how to read faster
- books made into movies
- books made into tv shows
- 350+ free ebooks
004. STUDY MOTHER FUCKER
- studying tips
- studying techniques
- how to pull an all-night and still have a successful exam result
- how to get motivated to study
- tips to help you concentrate
- time management tips
- chrome site blocker
005. LEARNING SHIT
- solve any maths equations: 1, 2.
- when your teacher says not to use wikipedia (an alternative)
- square root calculator, cube root calculator
- for when you can’t do your homework
- chemical equation balancer (what got me through chemistry last year)
- cliffnotes, sparknotes
- college courses
- how to: multiply big numbers
- crash courses (youtube)
- teaches you everything
006. PRESENTING YOUR BEAUTIFUL SCHOOL WORK AY
007. USEFUL WEBSITES BECAUSE THE INTERNET IS A WONDERFUL PLACE /SOMETIMES/
- TED (basically gods gift)
- challenge your brain
- feed the hungry and up your vocabulary game
- free online textbooks
- final grade calculator
- a whole page dedicated to studying and organising
008. MUSIC TO CALM DOWN UR SCHOOL DAY BLUES YO
- a really chill playist
- coffee shop blues
- coffee shop sounds
- calm nature sounds
- concentration/focus playlist
- relaxation is key
- four hours of classical music
- playlists to listen to: xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx, xxx.
009. ALL THIS STUDYING??? YOU NEED A BREAK, MY FRIEND.
- watch a cute ass dog lick your screen
- one hundred thousand stars
- movies masterpost
- foreign movies
- gay movies
- lesbian movies you should definitely watch
- broadway musicals
- LGBT+ books
- download free books
- read any book
- the best masterpost ever if you’re bored
010. TIPS FOR SCHOOL N STUFF BCUS I WANTED TEN BITS
- try your best. not everyone can get all As, and getting all As does not make you better than everyone else. just do the best you can and be the best person you can be.
- don’t sleep in class! i know it seems so so tempting but slept my way through geography last year and i got a C in my exam instead of the expected A so…
- Don’t tick off your teacher, follow the rules to an extent, get to class on time, respect your classmates and teachers. you know, just be a decent person.
- be positive!!! and not just for the first week or so, keep the positivity going throughout the whole school year. if you don’t believe in yourself then why should anyone else?
- "you can do it, wildcat, i believe in u" — something troy bolton said one time probably definitely
10 Studying/homework Tips!
Where was this when I was in school???
I thought watermelon just had too much rind and that was wrong until I saw the next gif
So I’ve seen this post going around in link form, which isn’t super useful to anyone who wants to read it, so I put it up in photo form. Useful for anyone who doesn’t have xkit. :3 Definitely like and reblog the OP, but if it shows up as a link, this helps. :3
I fixed the link for the OP so it works now :)
NEED THIS IN MY LIFE RN!!! THANK YOU TUMBLR!
I suck at cover letters so this is fab